Want some healthy homemade dog food recipes to dish up to your pooch for dinner? Well here are 3 ultra yummy homemade doggy dinners to get you going …
Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes – Hearty Beef Dinner
1.5 cups lean cooked beef
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ cup cooked vegetables – potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, bean sprouts, spinach or celery are great options to include.
Plain cup plain yogurt
2 eggshells (finely ground)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes – Lamb And Rice Delight
1.5 cups ground lamb
1 cup brown rice
3 stems broccoli (chopped)
2 medium potatoes (cubed)
3 medium carrots (finely chopped)
1 sheet of Sea Kelp
- Brown lamb in fry pan. Set aside.
- Put 5 cups of water into a large sized pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat.
- Cut broccoli, finely chop carrots, cube potatoes and add these to the pot.
- Add rice and sea kelp and mix well.
- Simmer until rice is cooked.
- Drain excess liquid if necessary.
- Mix in the lamb.
- Allow to cool before you serve it up.
Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes – Ultimate Raw Doggy Dinner
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups raw organ meat
1 tblsp honey
1 tblsp rosemary powder
1 tsp bran
1 tsp wheat germ
1 tsp cod liver oil
1 tsp cold pressed safflower oil
1 teaspoon bone meal powder
1 tsp kelp powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp Vitamin C powder
1 Vitamin E capsule
1 apple (no core or seeds)
2 spinach leaves
1/2 cup bean sprouts
- Finely puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes – Chicken Delish Doggy Dinner
6 chicken thighs, chopped
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
3 carrot peeled and chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups brown rice
Place the chicken pieces in a large pot and cover with 5 – 6 cups of warm water.
Add the chopped carrots, celery and potato to the pot.
Cover and simmer on low heat for around 1.5 hours until the chicken is tender.
Add the rice, cover and cook over low heat for around 30 minutes until the rice is well cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from heat, stir well and allow to cool before serving.
Bon appetite to your dog!