The brain is the controlling organ of the body which is a complex system of interconnected parts. It is the seat of all major nervous functions that occur in the human body. Not the just usual stress factors of your daily life but also the lack of nutrition compromises with the efficiency of the brain and its corresponding network of nerves. Human beings are subjected to a world of pollution, undue stress, fast-paced life, and nervous exhaustion. The pesticides and chemicals in food degrade their quality. These are enough reasons to wear out the body and mind thus leading to depression. Depression is a helpless state. One may want but cannot evade it. This puts a lot of trouble on the brain.
Ayurvedic medicines for nerve strength consists of a number of Ayurvedic herbs that has proved to do wonders in Ayurvedic treatment for depression .These brain tonics in Ayurveda helps in increasing brain power, treats daily stress and anxiety in life, boosts memory and keeps mental diseases at bay.
The Best Medicines Or Herbs to Treat Anxiety in Ayurveda
Listed below are the top five herbs used in Ayurveda that is considered as the best medicine for anxiety:
- Brahmi : The name itself means "cosmic consciousness" is a very useful herb. It is associated with wisdom as it boosts memory. It is a recommended herb for children for their complete brain development. Apart from this, this herb is used as a treatment for nervous disorders, anxiety, and tension. This immensely useful brain tonic in Ayurveda is consumed in the form of powder along with warm milk. Juice of the herb can be extracted and consumed for a dose of 20ml or as directed by your physician. Brahmi is also good for curing headaches and serves as a health tonic for weakness.
- Shankhpushpi : This popular herb is nature's answer to nervous weakness, that is, it is the best Ayurvedic medicine for nervous weakness. Since ancient times it has been used in Ayurveda therapy to sharpen intellect and increase mental powers. It is usually prepared in the form of syrup. It has a cooling and calming effect on the brain and thus is used in the Ayurvedic treatment for depression, epilepsy, insomnia, and psychosis.
- Jatamansi : The root of this herb serves as an excellent brain tonic and stabilizes mental conditions. It is an excellent restorative and helps in subsiding all three body humors. Given its specific action on the nervous system, the herb helps in curing depression, anxiety, mental problems and thus it is an excellent Ayurvedic medicine for nervous strength.
- SaraswatiChurna : This is a common Ayurvedic medicine for nerve strength and this churna consists of Shankpushpi, Vacha, Ashwagandha, Cumin, Ajwain and Rock Salt. It is extremely beneficial in curing depression and works as a great brain tonic in Ayurveda. You will find that it works wonderfully in the rejuvenation of the brain and nervous system.
Other Daily Activities to Keep In Mind
Try to infuse some of these into your daily routine for a healthier lifestyle:
- Plenty of water movement is necessary to keep your body clean and hydrated.
- Invest some of your time in the morning doing exercises. It rejuvenates your mind and helps to build vitamin D when you're out in the sun. A good amount of undisturbed sleep of around 8 hours is important. It reduces stress and depression to quite some extent
- If you're unable to cope up with the stress and your mental degradation increases then do not hesitate in talking to an expert.
Since medical science has advanced considerably, now there are a number Ayurvedic treatment for depression available.